Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Basket of Biscornu project

Inspired by a post from a fellow member of cross_stitch on livejournal, I have started on, not one, but two baskets of biscornu! One for myself, and one for my two little boys, ages 6 and 3. I think this will allow me to explore two sides of my cross stitching nature. The one that loves bright, fun, and colourful designs, and the one that loves the more earthy tones and repeating motifs.

These are my "July" biscornu (yes I know that it is August). I hope to post the August ones very soon.

The first biscornu I stitched for this adventure was the Filagree Biscornu. It's from the Filagree Chair Nescassaire kit by Gitta's Designs. It was stitched on 32ct linen using Gloriana silk and magnica beads. I love stitching with silk. The centre buttons are so beautiful in real life!



While stitching it, my two boys, ages 6 and 3, kept asking who it was for, and if I was going to stitch one for them too! So I decided to do a second basket for them.

The first biscornu for the boys basket was the Seaside Biscornu freebie by Faby Reilly. Found here on her website, with a bunch more freebies! Stitched on 18 ct white aida using DMC floss. They were so happy with the finished piece and they're very eager to see what I will be stitching for them next. :)



I've had such a good time searching for free designs online. I found far more than the 24 designs I will need for this project. I do have an idea of what I'd like to stitch each month, but I think I'll also let my creativity flow and stitch what appeals at any moment in time. It's all about enjoying what we do, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment