Wednesday, October 13, 2010

September Biscornu

Sound the trumpets! I am finally posting my September biscornu!

First up for my basket-Maple Leaf biscornu designed by Marie W. that I found on her blog. It is yet another freebie. I stitched it on grab bag 32 count laguna, using Thanksgiving floss from Carrie's Creations.

Top view -


For the bottom I used the leaf design from the bottom of the Barbara Ana biscornu pictured below.
Side view-



And now the boys biscornu -Barbara Ana's Autumn Biscornu. Picked it up off of the Creative Poppy website. One of the few biscornu that I'm stitching that is not a freebie. I wasn't able to find the charted Anchor threads for the acorns and squirrel, but I did find substitutes that were close enough for my taste. It was stitched on 18 count fiddler's lite. I discovered, as I was stitching, that the weave on this fabric was not even. So the biscornu has a more rectangular shape than it normally would.



Top view-


Side view-


So now I'm up to 6 out of 24 stitched. Still full of ideas for the rest of the year.

One thing I am finding a little frustrating is buttons. I cannot seem to find a good source for buttons. I know that the online stitch shops carry the Just Another Button Company style, but I would like some more choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment