Friday, February 4, 2011

2010 Stitching Review

Wow! I have not posted for a very long time. I have been stitching!! I'm also very late posting my 2010 review! It was, apparently, a year of smalls for me. It felt like I stitched far more than this post shows. Strange!

First up -Reindeer Dog from Mill Hill. First start of 2010 and one of the last finishes as it was mislayed under some fabric for most of the year. Oops!



Next is a Scissor fob. Testing out the colourfast varigated threads from Valdani. This one is stitched with Orange Blossom over two on 36 ct linen. The pattern is a freebie that I found on [info]own_two_hands journal.

Front


Back


Another project using the Valdani threads. Another freebie, from this site. (#29,30) (I love my freebies!)









The reason for the test stitching? To see if I want to do the Sunflower Fairy from Nora Corbett and the Day Nymph from Mirabilia in the charted threads or find substitutions. I decided to use the charted Valdani threads. To me, they stitch up similar to Weeks Dye Works or Gentle Arts.

Here's Day Nymph from Mirabilia stitched in the charted Valdani threads. I stalled on the over one skin. Would like to get this finished this year.



2010 was also a year of workshops.


First workshop was during Gitta's first Stitch Getaway in May. Dragonfly needle book designed by Kathrin Ellison. I still need to sew it up as a needle book. (hate sewing)


(Already planning to go to Gitta's Second Stitch Getaway at the beginning of April. I had such a great time last year.)



I signed up for a number of workshops at this years CreativFestival in Toronto. My first time doing so, and I'm glad I did. I'm looking forward to signing up for more during the next one. Hidden Treasures by Enchanting Lair




Perforated paper dragon designed by Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams.



Make and Take workshop at the BritStitch booth. "Echinacea" by Rowan Dean Embroidery. (www.rowandean.com) A very quick and easy stitch. I enjoyed it so much that I picked up this kit while there.


Took the no-sew ornament finishing workshop at Gitta's for a second time, as a refresher. Finished my Ink Circles "Full Moon" from the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue. Stitched on 28 ct grab bag linen using detritus bag HDF silks from Vikki Clayton.



I also began two baskets of biscornu. The details for each of these are already posted on this blog.


My first was Filagree biscornu by Gitta's Designs from the Filagree Chair Necessaire kit.


August Biscornu from Faby Reilly.


September Biscornu from Faby Reilly.


Biscornu from Kissy Cross designs.


Maple leaf biscornu


Autumn biscornu from Barbara Ana Designs


Citrouille biscornu



Hallowe'en biscornu from Barbara Ana designs


Mr. Spock by black lupin that I found on Deviant art. Stitched it up for a friend. Sewing it onto a tote bag. Eventually. :D


Witchy Brew from Witchy Stitches. I used Crescent Colours that I had in my stash instead of the charted threads. Stitched on 35 count HDF linen.


Reindeer ornament by Fresh Threads Studio. It was a freebie on the Just Cross Stitch website.


Prairie Schooler freebie that was part of the thank you package at Gitta's Christmas Open House.


Skier from Stoney Creek Collection.


Polar Bear from Mill Hill that I stitched on a piece of 32ct linen from a grab bag, instead of the perforated paper. I plan to make this into an ornament like Full Moon.


Lizzie Kate's Think Winter on 32 ct antique yellow linen. This will be an ornament too!


Owl ornament - another freebie from this blog. It's part of a larger project, but it was just perfect as an ornament for my godmother.

Thanks for looking! :D


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy. Some awesome finishes!

    ReplyDelete